August 5th, 2013
Are your drains no longing working properly? Are there unexplained problems with your plumbing system? You depend heavily upon the integrity of your wastewater disposal system, which includes the drainpipes and sewer line that allow you to remove organic waste and gray water from your home rapidly and effectively. This keeps your home clean and hygienic. But if something goes wrong with the pipes of your home, it can lead to all sorts of issues, from being unable to flush the toilet, to overflowing sinks. In today’s post, the professionals at A Wright Plumbing would like to give you a few good reasons to call for drain repair in San Francisco. You can also read some other drain repair tips we put together.
- Leaks only get worse. If there’s one thing to keep in mind about leaks is that they typically get worse over time. A leak in your drain pipe can actually lead to water damage in the home, foul odors in the home and in the yard, as well as numerous other issues. Not only that, but even minor leaks can lead to major repairs and premature replacement.
- Major clogs don’t fix themselves. There are numerous things that can go wrong with your drains, but one of the most common is the clog. This can happen virtually anywhere, but your pipes are especially prone to clogs if you allow grease, hair, and any non-organic substances down your drains. While you may be able to dislodge a minor clog with a plunger or it may go away over time, a major clog will probably have to be removed by a professional.
- Cracks only lead to more cracks. Because of how much wear and tear they endure on a regular basis, your drains are susceptible to cracks over time. And when this happens, it’s important to make sure that you take care of them as soon as possible. Letting them fester will likely only lead to further cracks.
Call A Wright Plumbing today for all of your drain repair needs in San Francisco.
July 30th, 2013
Your kitchen is one of the most-used rooms in your home. The plumbing system in your kitchen is a big part of your ability to cook, clean and to properly use your kitchen. So what are your options when it comes to your plumbing system? Here at A Wright Plumbing we offer San Francisco kitchen plumbing services and we thought it would be a good idea to put together some of the options available to homeowners when it comes to plumbing their home’s kitchen.
Give us a call if you need any services for your home’s kitchen plumbing system or any other plumbing components in your home.
San Francisco Kitchen Plumbing Options
If you’re moving into a new home that needs to be renovated or if it’s time to give your current kitchen a facelift, there are a few options that you should consider for your home’s plumbing system.
- Piping material – As part of your remodel or renovation, consider having your kitchen repiped. If your kitchen’s pipes are old and leaking, it could be a good idea to have them completely replaced. If pipe replacement is deemed necessary for your home, you may have to think about what kind of material you want to plumb your kitchen with. The standard is copper pipes, which are used for hot and cold water, but you could also consider PEX piping, which is an environmentally friendly option.
- Fixtures – One of the best ways for you to update the look and feel of your house is to replace the fixtures with some new ones. When you work with the San Francisco kitchen plumbing installation professionals at A Wright Plumbing, we’ll make sure that any fixtures you need installed are put in correctly.
- Garbage disposal – While most homeowners assume that their garbage disposals are indestructible, they are actually quite sensitive. Animal bones, fruit pits, melted fat and grease are just some of the things that you shouldn’t put down your garbage disposal. Also, note that getting your home’s garbage disposal installed by a professional is a great way to make sure that it works well and that it lasts for as long as possible.
Day or night, when you need any San Francisco kitchen plumbing services, just call A Wright Plumbing.
July 29th, 2013
If you’re in the market for a new water heater for your Concord, CA home, then you may have already heard about tankless water heaters. While they have been used in Europe and Asia for some time, they are only recently beginning to be integrated into the American home. While many homeowners may be curious as to how they operate and what their benefits are, you may have some questions as to what exactly they are. In today’s post, our plumbing experts would like to share with you some information about tankless water heaters so that you can make an informed decision about your new hot water supply unit.
Call A Wright Plumbing today for more information on water heaters, Concord, CA.
Tankless Water Heaters Can Save Money
- What is a tankless water heater? As its name suggests, a tankless water heater is a water heater that does not use a large cylindrical storage tank to heat dozens of gallons of hot water constantly. It is relatively compact and hangs on a wall instead of sitting on the ground. Because of its size, it can be installed in a variety of locations in the home. It is fueled by gas or electricity, and tends to be highly energy efficient because it only heats water when you call for it.
- How does it work? Like any other type of water heater, a tankless water heater uses a heat exchanger to heat your cold water supply to a specified temperature. It differs from tank models in that it heats this water much more rapidly. It has to in order to be an on-demand water heater.
- Why should I install one? There are plenty of reasons to consider installing a tankless water heater in your home should yours no longer operate properly or you are starting from scratch in a new home. The most recognized benefit is energy efficiency. In the long-term, a tankless system can lead to significant energy savings when professionally installed. Many homeowners also like to have a virtually limitless supply of hot water at their beck and call.
If you’re interested in going tankless or you need some other water heater service in Concord, CA, then you can count on A Wright Plumbing.
Call us today to find out more about what we can do for you.
July 26th, 2013
A problem with the drainage system in your home can be a more serious issue than you may realize. It is important to remember that a drain does not need to be completely blocked or pooling water beneath your sink in order to require professional drain repair in San Francisco. Much of your drainage system is hidden from view, and it is very possible for your drains to be damaged without exhibiting obvious symptoms. Luckily, there are plenty of warning signs that you may notice which will indicate the need for a professional drain & sewer repair company.
Here are a few tips from the drain repair specialists at A Wright Plumbing.
One important indicator that you need drain repair is the presence of foul odors coming from your drain. While it is possible that your drain trap, which is the U-shaped pipe beneath your sink, has simply dried up, there are more serious problems that could be causing the odor. When you contact the drain repair professionals on our team though, you can have your drains thoroughly inspected to ensure that the problem, whatever it may be, is accurately diagnosed and completely resolved.
You should also give us a call if you notice that your drains are moving slowly or frequently backing up. Many homeowners convince themselves that such problems, or even small leaks in their drain pipes, are too minor to worry about immediately. At A Wright Plumbing, we have years of experience with drain repair. We can tell you with certainty that there is really no such thing as a drainage problem that is too “minor” to contact a professional plumber about. Contact the skilled plumbers on our team to deal with any problems as soon as you notice them. That way, we can limit any negative impact that they may have on your system and home life.
When you need quality drain repair in San Francisco, A Wright Plumbing is the company to call. Our professional plumbers have the years of training and experience necessary to ensure that your drainage system is able to remove waste water from your home properly. And of course, you can always minimize the need for drain repairs with routine drain cleaning and maintenance.
Contact us today to learn more about the exceptional drain repair services we offer.
July 9th, 2013
You depend heavily upon your plumbing system to deliver hot and cold potable water throughout the fixtures and appliances of your home. This is often an extensive network, from the water supply line connected to your well or municipal water source to the sewer line connected to your septic tank or municipal wastewater disposal system. It endures a lot of wear and tear on a daily basis, and you need to make sure that you take care of your pipes so that they can continue to supply fresh water and remove wastewater efficiently. But because of age or damage, there may come a time when you will need to replace the pipes entirely. There are some things you should know.
Call A Wright Plumbing today for all of your Walnut Creek CA repiping needs.
One of the major plumbing services you can have performed at your home is repiping. This often involves replacing your entire supply and wastewater piping. Here are some indications that you might need professional repiping at your home:
- Old age. Despite the durability of PVC, copper, and other piping materials such as cast iron, your piping will not last forever. Unless you bought a new home, make sure you know how old the piping in your home is. While a repiping job is a major investment, it’s also a necessary one that should be performed whenever required.
- Multiple leaks. If you find that you have multiple leaks in your home, it could be a sign of a systemic failure of your piping. Over time, your piping can suffer damage caused by accidents or corrosion. Even microscopic punctures can lead to leaks that can severely damage the structure of your home over time.
- Hard water. Many homeowners have what’s known as “hard water” circulating through their piping. High levels of calcium and magnesium can lead to mineral deposits accumulating on the inside of piping. While this is often a long-term problem, rather than something that immediately impairs your plumbing, the results can be serious. By slowly closing up the aperture of your pipes, such mineral deposits may eventually cause whole-house repiping.
Give the plumbers at A Wright Plumbing a call today should your Walnut Creek CA home need repiping.
July 3rd, 2013
There are few things more “American” than baseball, apple pie and Independence Day. On this day over 200 years ago the second Continental Congress voted to approve the Declaration of Independence. The document, which was primarily authored by Thomas Jefferson, was a written explanation of why America wanted to be free from Great Britain. This bold move by the American colonies would start the Revolutionary War where many brave women and men would give their lives for the freedom that we now hold dear.
Over the years, our celebration of Independence Day has remained largely unchanged. John Adams, the 2nd president of the United States, said this about celebrating Independence Day: “It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.” We all remember going to family barbecues, watching fireworks, attending parades, picnics and fairs, building bonfires, and playing baseball.
However you celebrate this 4th of July, make sure that you take a moment to remember why we’re celebrating.
June 24th, 2013
The water heater is a staple of the modern home. It allows us to take hot showers and baths, to keep our white clothes and linens clean, and to help us clean up the kitchen. But it seems that such appliances are often taken for granted, precisely because we use them so often. Whether you’re looking for tips on selecting a new water heater, or for Walnut Creek CA water heater repair experts, we can help. That’s because at A Wright Plumbing, we enjoy educating our customers on the latest technologies and services, so that they can select those that work best for them.
Call A Wright Plumbing today to learn more about our Walnut Creek CA water heater repair services.
Here Are Some Useful Water Heater Tips
- Size of water heater. It’s important that you have a water heater that operates smoothly in your home, and that requires having an appropriately sized unit. A water heater unit that is too small will only allow a frugal amount of hot water use in the home, and the more appliances and fixtures in your Walnut Creek house that use hot water, the more inconvenient it will become for you. And on the other hand, a unit that is too large may be energy inefficient.
- Tankless and hybrid systems. If you’re looking for an alternative to the conventional tank storage models, then consider a tankless or hybrid water heater. A tankless water heater is an on-demand system that allows you to avoid standby energy loss by drawing on a virtually limitless supply of hot water whenever you need it. Hybrid water heaters utilize a heat pump to make heating water incredibly efficient.
- Temperature. The temperature of your water heater depends on several different factors. While there is a standard temperature, some homeowners like to keep their water heater a little lower than average in order to conserve energy. It’s important that your water heater temperature is not too high, because this can cause serious scalding in the shower and bath.
Once again, we can guide you on what would be best for your unique situation: a new water heater, or water heater repair for your pre-existing unit.
Make sure your water heater operates as well as it possibly can with professional help from the Walnut Creek CA water heater repair and installation experts, A Wright Plumbing.
June 17th, 2013
When it comes to the plumbing systems in your home, you want to make sure that they work as consistently and efficiently as possible. One of the best ways to make sure that happens is to call a professional Concord plumbing contractor whenever you need any kind of services. Whether it’s a clogged drain or a leaking pipe, knowing when to call for help is critical for homeowners. Here at A Wright Plumbing, we offer complete commercial plumbing services for all different kinds of plumbing issues. Check out a few of the signs that could indicate that you need professional plumbing repair.
Do You Need Concord Plumbing Repair Services?
Your plumbing system gets a ton of use every single day, through providing you with fresh water and with safely disposing of your waste water. There are a number of common issues that warrant you calling for plumbing repair, Corona. Here are a few of them:
- Slab leaks – If you start to notice that the floor of your basement is warm or if it is slightly wet, it could mean that you have slab leak. Also, any cracks in your foundation or floors can mean that there is a pipe leaking underneath.
- Multiple clogged drains – All of your drains feed into one sewer main. If you notice that several of your drains are clogged simultaneously it could mean that there is a clog further down your plumbing system. This usually requires the skills of a professional Concord, CA plumbing contractor.
- New installation – If you’re read to have a new plumbing component installed, whether it’s a new garbage disposal or a new main water line, it is usually best to call for Concord plumbing installation. These kinds f components get a lot of use every day and making sure that they are installed right can help them do their job a lot better.
For all your Concord plumbing repair, installation or maintenance just call the friendly specialists at A Wright Plumbing.
Our plumbers are highly skilled and can handle any job that you might have.
June 13th, 2013
Plumbing systems are fairly complex and quite intricate. In a commercial setting, a plumbing system is extensive and vital to the operations within the building. That is why it is so important that you schedule any Walnut Creek commercial plumbing services with a qualified commercial plumber – contact the experts at A Wright Plumbing today for your commercial plumbing needs! When you work with us, you can be sure that you are working with a highly skilled, extensively trained commercial plumber that will complete your service properly. Contact us today to learn more about the commercial plumbing services we offer. If you are installing a plumbing system in a new commercial building, or if the time has come for a commercial plumbing replacement, you need to work with a plumber that not only knows the trade but that is up to date on all local codes and regulations. Your commercial plumbing system must satisfy these requirements in order to pass inspection. There is simply no way that you can expect it to do so if you do not hire a professional commercial plumber. Call A Wright Plumbing to get the quality commercial plumbing installation and replacement services you need.
Routing Plumbing Maintenance is Essential to a Smooth Running Commercial Plumbing System
It is also important to keep in mind that your commercial plumbing system is going to be put under a great deal of stress. That is why you must schedule routine commercial plumbing maintenance service. When moving such a large volume of water throughout a building, in addition to the other services made possible by your commercial plumbing system, a small problem can escalate quickly if given the chance. Routine commercial plumbing maintenance is a great way to prevent this from happening. If you do have any reason to suspect a problem with your commercial plumbing system, A Wright Plumbing can help. The most important thing to remember when it comes to a commercial plumbing system is that you must never put any repair service off. Doing so puts the entire system at risk. For more information about commercial plumbing or to schedule any Walnut Creek commercial plumbing service, call A Wright Plumbing. We can answer any questions you may have about what you need to know regarding your commercial plumbing system. Call now to get started.
May 27th, 2013
During the final Monday of May every year, we commemorate those military personnel who have died in service to their country. Formerly known as Decoration Day, probably because of the way that graveyards were decorated with flowers, Memorial Day came to prominence in the wake of the American Civil War, which left the country war-torn, with many casualties on both sides. Since that time, it has been a day of remembering those who have given up the ultimate sacrifice for their country.
As you go about town on your day off from work, you’ll probably see an abundance of flags and flowers, as well as public commemorations such as parades. While this day has been turned into the last leg of a three-day weekend, it’s important to reflect on the way that our military personnel have shaped our country, and to remember their contribution to the way we live today.
We wish you all the best on this Memorial Day.